I believe the struggles we face (despite the suffering we feel) can be an opportunity to clarify who we are, see things as new and grow into a wiser version of ourselves. In the last ten years as a psychologist (in prison, community, hospital, remote and private settings), I have been committed and honoured to journey with clients using evidence-based practices as a compass for self-discovery.
I aim able to offer reflections and skills that can help make your next step more conscious and consistent with your deepest values. I am curious and motivated to explore and enhance your well-being across multiple aspects of life, including mood, sleep, diet, work, social, creative, and spiritual. I believe all areas are connected and contribute to holistic well-being.
Areas of experience and special interest include:
- low mood
- worry and anxiety issues
- working with the LGBTIQA+ community
- gender identity issues
- perinatal mental health (fertility issues, challenging births, & the post-natal period)
- working with young adults (clarifying independence & identity)
- adjustment to difficult life events such as illness and loss, health changes, anger & stress management, and relationship issues.
- Borderline Personality Disorder and traits.